How long will it take to get your results? Our average turnaround time is 7 to 14 days. Specimens received in good condition and with an adequate number of healthy cells will result in the best turnaround time. Remember, high quality chromosome spreads come from healthy, actively dividing cells in log phase of growth. For tips on preparing your samples optimally, click here.
Need it soon? Rush service available. Note this request in the Special Instructions section on the Order Form.
STEM CELLS: Want to know if your stem cells have normal karyotypes? Choose the Standard Analysis but note on the Order Form in the Special Instructions section “Simple Analysis if abnormal”. This way, if the karyotypes are obviously abnormal in the first 5 to 10 metaphase spreads analyzed, you will be charged the lower price. If the karyotype is normal, then we will continue to analyze 20 metaphase spreads for the Standard Analysis, giving a larger sample size for higher statistical degree of confidence.
- Recommended for answering simple, straightforward questions, e.g., Are these cells male or female? What specie is this culture? Is the karyotype abnormal?
- Fee covers receipt of live cells, brief culture, harvest, fixation, slidemaking, banding/staining of chromosomes, and microscope analysis of 5 to 10 metaphase spreads.
- Report includes summary and one representative image.
- At the request of the client, this analysis can be extended to become the more detailed Standard Analysis if something of interest is discovered.
- Recommended for gathering typical information on chromosomal constitutions such as overall counts, gender, trisomies, monosomies, deletions, insertions, translocations, duplications, dicentrics, isochromosomes, rings, breaks, double minutes, polyploidy, endoreduplication, etc., and any other aberrations found.
- Intended for cell lines that are diploid, or near diploid.
- Fee covers receipt of live cells, brief culture, harvest, fixation, slidemaking, banding/staining of chromosomes, and microscope analysis of 20 metaphase spreads.
- Report includes a written summary and two representative karyotype images.
- Recommended for gathering more detailed information on highly abnormal hyperdiploid karyotypes, chromosome by chromosome, with details of breakpoints in chromosomes of interest. As in the Standard Analysis, overall count, gender, trisomies, monosomies, deletions, insertions, translocations, duplications, dicentrics, isochromosomes, rings, breaks, double minutes, polyploidy, endoreduplication, etc. and any other aberrations will be scored.
- Fee covers receipt of live cells, brief culture, harvest, fixation, slidemaking, banding/staining of chromosomes, and microscope analysis of 25 metaphase spreads.
- Report includes a written summary, two representative karyotype images, images of significant breakpoint details, and/or tables summarizing aberrations.
- Rush service –turnaround time less than one week.
- Extra metaphase spreads analyzed.
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization of DNA probes to metaphase chromosomes or interphase nuclei. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your project for a price quote.
- Custom service – For a chromosome service tailored to your own specific needs please email us at email@example.com.
For all of the above:
- Work will be performed in the spirit of GLP (Good Laboratory Practice).
- Typically expect an average turnaround time of 7 to 14 days. Results will be sent by email.
- Discount given for government and academic laboratories.
- Discounts given for higher volume clients (sending more than 8 samples per year.)